No matter how big or how small your renovation project is, it is essential to be able to count on a trustworthy team to get the work done. Victory Construction & Renovation will walk you through all the stages of the project, meeting your needs and within budget and on time.
Interior renovation projects include a number of steps specific to each one of them and to achieve desired outcomes, you have to be guided by trusted professionals throughout the whole project.
The project manager at Victory Construction & Renovation will meet with you to establish timelines and will coordinate the use of trades people to that each is available when needed to ensure your home renovation project comes in on time and on budget.
Renovation Services Available
Each interior renovation project involves many steps and there are a number of details that need to be taken into account if one wants to avoid mishaps. The experience of Victory Construction and Renovation in this area allows you to plan each step of the renovation to avoid costly and time consuming mistakes. Whether it is for a complete home renovation or a specific room such as a kitchen renovation, a basement development or redevelopment, a bathroom renovation or simply installing a flooring, we have a team of professionals who can meet your needs. Carpenters, electricians, plumbers, ceramic installers, drywall and plaster, painter, we have them all on our side so that you can feel confident that all will be done well and according to specifications.
Interior Renovation: what adds value for resale?
You are thinking of selling your home and are wondering what will provide the greatest resale value? These points will help you decide where to put the emphasis.
If you have old vinyl or carpets, this should be a priority by replacing with hardwood flooring.
Kitchen and Bathroom
It is often possible to refresh rather than renovate these two rooms. We can help you determine the extent of change you want to make.
While expected over time, it is recommended that these be repaired and repainted before putting the house on the market.
By taking the time to refresh some walls with neutral tones, you will provide a more aesthetic look to your home and better dazzle potential home buyers.
Costing an interior renovation project
A number of factors will influence the final cost of an interior renovation project. In addition to the choice of contractor, the speed at which work is to be carried out, there are issues that may impact the final cost. Here are a few for your consideration.
Words of Wisdom
For a successful interior renovation project, a few rules of thumb should be considered. Here are some words of wisdom based on our experience in renovations in the Gatineau area.
The bathroom is certainly the most used room in the house after the kitchen, especially for families who only have access to one full bathroom in their home
For your bathroom renovation project in Gatineau and surroundings, contact the professionals at Victory Construction & Renovation.
We will manage each step of the bathroom renovation project for you and you can rest assured that you will have the bathroom ready and renovated as soon as possible, especially if you only have one in your house.
From the demolition of the bathroom to the final touch, we will plan each step along with you to ensure that we meet the deadlines and satisfy your expectations down to the last detail.
Bathroom Renovation: Your call
There are basically two types of bathroom renovations:
- We take everything out and start from scratch
- We build a new bathroom where non existed, such as in a basement development in a new house.
In any case, Victory Construction and Renovation can meet your needs and adapt its services to your budget. This project requires a fair amount of planning because of its different uses during the day. It is important to focus on function of each component as it is used in the morning before work, before school, after school, at bedtime.
We are with you from beginning to end
Your bathroom renovation expert at Victory Construction and Renovation will be with you at all times during the project. Smaller in scope than a kitchen renovation, it is essential to plan ahead to avoid costly corrections. Here is how we can guide you:
- Design of bathroom to optimize space, heat, electrical outlets, ventilation and storage.
- Demolition of the room if this is not a new bathroom build
- Drywall repair and plaster
- Coordination with plumber and electrician
- Ceramic flooring installation
- Addition or enlargement of window if required
- Installation of countertops (quartz, granite or other)
- Install shower, bathtub, sink and toilet
- Install decorations
Please note that we can work with your designer and will adapt our services to your needs
Costing a Bathroom Renovation Project
The project manager from Victory Construction and Renovation will meet you to understand and assess your needs to prepare a quote. Each project is different but the following factors will influence the overall cost:
- Size of the bathroom
- damages caused by water seepage (visible or invisible)
- choice of flooring (ceramic, pattern, install)
- heated floor
- bathtub (recessed or free standing)
- choice of shower base (acrylic or ceramic)
- installation of a shower insert
- type of shower doors (fixed or folding, up to the ceiling, door mouldings, colour and finish)
- vanity selection (standard or custom built), countertop (quarts, acrylic, laminate)
- shower, tub and vanity hardware
- ceramic wall in shower
- changes required on walls and structure to support
- light fixtures (recessed and new fixtures)
Words of Wisdom
Bathroom renovations are challenging. To make the best of it, here are four recommendations to consider before embarking on a renovation.
You have a kitchen renovation in Gatineau and surroundings? Deal with an experienced and trustworthy kitchen renovator: Victory Construction & Renovation
Our team will coordinate the various steps at the worksite so that you will not lose any sleep and will ultimately have the kitchen that you agreed to on budget and on time.
Whether it is a custom kitchen or the installation of an IKEA kitchen, this type of project requires a number of steps and details.
Unless you are very experienced, it is best to guided by professionals in order to reduce errors that could be costly to remediate. We have successfully installed a number of kitchen renovation projects in Gatineau, Aylmer and surrounding area so we know the ins and outs and potential issues so that our clients can have a functional kitchen that meets their aspirations.
Turnkey Operation from Start to Finish
The experts at Victory Construction and Renovation will walk you through each step of the project and coordinate the trades people when required. Among the services are the following:
- Kitchen Design for selection and best placement of cabinets, heating, light, electrical outlets, storage, etc.
- Demolition of the existing kitchen and removal of walls when necessary
- Repair to drywall by our drywall installer
- Electricity and plumbing
- Flooring installation by our flooring installers
- Replacement of windows and patio doors if necessary
- Installation of IKEA kitchen cabinets or any other custom made cabinets
- Installation of countertops (quartz, granite or other)
- Installation of kitchen backsplash tiles
- Coordination of painters
- Decorative touches
- Any other service necessary for the kitchen renovation of your dreams
Please note that we can work with a kitchen planner or kitchen designer if you already have one. We can adapt our services to your needs
Costing a Kitchen Renovation Project
The final cost of a kitchen renovation project will depend on a number of factors. You may renovate at a low cost or you may spend thousands of dollars. Each project is different but here are some factors that will influence to overall cost of the project.
- Kitchen plan (if required)
- Current area, possibility of increasing the kitchen area
- Moving of walls
- Current state of the kitchen and flooring
- Material to be demolished
- Choice of new cabinets, doors, hardware, and area (IKEA kitchen or custom kitchen)
- Choice of flooring (ceramic tiles, laminate or wood)
- Choice of countertops (quartz, granite, laminate or wood)
- Choice of handles
- Repairs to walls, ceiling, flooring
- Moving of ventilation or not
- Addition of an island
- Addition of lights or built-ins (work invoiced by electrician)
- Choice of new plumbing or additions (work invoiced by a plumber)
- Addition or replacement of window or patio door
Renovating a Kitchen for Resale Value
Most real estate agents will tell you that a kitchen renovation is the best way to increase the value of you home for resale value. If you are renovating to sell, investments should be strategic.
You need to renovate while keeping costs down and opt for a design, colour and materials that are neutral and will be appreciated by a majority of potential buyers. The Victory Construction and Renovation team can guide you if you plan to renovate for resale value if your home is located in the Gatineau area.
Words of Wisdom
To make sure the kitchen renovation project meets your needs, a few factors need to be taken into account. Here are words of wisdom from our kitchen renovation experience
Whether it is for an old house, a more recent house or a new construction, basement renovation or development requires planning as in most houses, there are a number of options on how to divide a large surface.
For your basement renovation project in Gatineau and surroundings, Victory Construction & Renovation offers you a turnkey service that will allow you to maximize the available space for years to come, according to your real needs.
Our team can manage the entire project, from the initial consultation to the final brushstroke, in order to make your basement a space that meets all your expectations. We will take care of dividing walls, flooring installation, painting and we will work in partnership with electricians and plumbers if needed.
Before and after
A "before and after basement renovation" type in which we demolish and rip out everything that is in place to start anew
From the cement up
A project that involves building from the cement floor such as a new build. In such cases, the possibilities are endless.
You want a laundry room? a recreation room for the children? a home office? storage? Regardless of your needs and your situation, our team of professionals will adapt and work with your budget and your expectations.
We will assess overall and propose options. If need be, we can dismantle and rebuild your basement renovation.
Service from start to finish
Your contractor for the basement renovation from Victory Construction and Renovation will guide you from start to finish. Some of the services that we can provide in basement renovation projects are the following:
- Basement design to plan different use spaces and plan for the steps to make it happen.
- Remove flooring and wall divisions if necessary.
- Raise dividing walls and prepare drywall for taping and plastering
- Coordinate for electrician and plumber at appropriate time.
- Install flooring (flooring installer)
- Add or renovate bathroom
- Painting by one of our painters
- Install decorations and trim
- Any other service related to the project
Please note that we can work with your designer or architectural techician.
Costing a basement renovation project
Victory Construction and Renovation will meet with you to understand the scope of the project and asses your needs to prepare a detailed quote. Basement renovation projects are quite variable. However the following factors have an impact on the overall cost.
- Plan if needed
- Framing including storage
- Number of doors to provide and install
- Windows to add (for conformity)
- Bathroom/laundry room to add
- Area of drywall
- Addition of insulation and sound proofing
- choice of flooring
- Type of ceiling (suspended or drywall)
- Plumbing (work invoiced by plumber)
- Electrical and light fixtures (work invoiced by electrician)
Words of Wisdom
Renovating a basement can be a hassle and an experienced contractor will help you avoid errors and cost overruns. Here are words of advice that will help you in basement renovation projects.